re: Who covers

Andy, re:

>>I remeber watching National Lampoons Senior Trip, and listening to a horrible
version of Magic Bus by some gratingly awful band.  Reading the most recent The
Who Digest, I noticed an ad (nothing less than that) for a cd of Who covers by
Chicago bands.  Personally I get angry when bands think they can effectively
cover songs by The Who, and it turns me off to them.  Perhaps the only Who cover
I respect is Elton John's Pinball Wizard in the infamous movie "Tommy".  Are
there really worthwhile covers of The Who out there, or do they get you angry at
the band for having the nerve.<<

To paraphrase Sergeant Hulka in _Stripes_, "Lighten up, Andy."

The guys who put out the Chicago Who cover CD are first and foremost FANS.  They
don't call these CD's "tributes" for nothing.  There's a lot of good material on
the Who Covers Who CD that came out a couple of years ago.  Hell, members of the
Who email lists just released a SECOND CD of Who covers.  These guys all enjoy
the Who as much as you, they just so happen to play instruments as well.

Wanna start with some good Who covers?  Check out the Jam's "Disguises."

JGraham