Re: In Defense of Jimmy Page

Leo O'Sullivan writes:
>To be fair to Jimmy, I
>have
>read that he played rhythm on twelve string electric on "I Can't
>Explain" while Pete played a six string electric.  That would explain
>the full chord sound.  Someone else (Prof. Brian?) can verify this for
>sure.

I've never been able to figure this one out.  Most books list Shel as
having called Jimmy Page in for the session, but that he wasn't needed
for "I Can't Explain" because the guitar part was simple enough for Pete
to play.  However, Pete says Page played on the B-side "Bald-Headed
Woman."  If he did, I can't hear him.  There's almost no lead guitar on
that track.  Does anyone know if Mr. Page has ever commented on it?

			(Professor) Brian in Atlanta