Page & QUAD Airplay

> first of all, I think it is pretty well established in rock history that
> Page did play on those Kinks records

Ryan:

Sorry, but that's not established at all. The only thing that's been
established is that, for some reason, Jimmy Page seems to NEED to get
credit for doing a solo on YRGM and on ICE.
The truth is quite different...first of all, it's been verified by
others present that Pete played lead on ICE and Page on the B side, Bald
Headed Woman (nothing to brag about). As for YRGM, if Dave Davies is a
bald-faced liar and Page DID play the lead...then he must have played
the lead on the next several Kinks singles (which he did not, nor has he
ever claimed to).
I've got all of the Kinks' music, and the leads were all done by the
same guitarist...namely Dave Davies.

> The fact that the release of Led Zep I totally blew the
> Jeff Beck Group off the face of the earth didn't help either.

I wouldn't go that far. When I first heard BECK BOGART & APPICE, I
remember thinking: "Led Zeppelin's in trouble now!" And indeed they
were, since the quality of their work diminished from that year (1973)
on.
I like Zep a lot (I guess I must, since I have about 20 hours of
bootlegs by them), but this claim by Page is ridiculous.

> Here in Atlanta, "Love, Reign O'er Me" got quite a lot of airplay.

Prof Brian:

Here in Myrtle Beach, home of the original US Baba Center (so you'd
think there might be a few Who fans around), I only heard The Real Me on
the radio at the time...and that only once.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend