Re:The Who's the best

>Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 JB2TheWho wrote:
>Subject: Re: The Who's the bests

>And let's not forget the "session" guitarist the record company tried (and
>was their contractural right,. alas) to foist on TOWNSHEND on the THE WHO's
>first two singles, "CAN'T EXPLAIN" and "ANYWHERE....ANYHOW". PETE had the guy
>so unnerved that by the second session, he forgot his guitar and when he
>asked PETE to borrow one of his Rickenbackers, PETE quite rightly told him to
>"piss off" - and "piss off" he did. And if TOWNSHEND wasn't already creratibg
>MAGIC by that second session, he'd of never gotten away with it...
>
>The name of the out-performed and dismissed "session" guitarist?? Oh, some
>guy who attained some modicum of renown in a early 70's knock-off of the WHO
>band. The "session" guy was named JIMMY PAGE and the knock-off band was "LED
>ZEPPLIN".

 HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...that was *Hilarious*!You are one very funny
guy.What a great sense of humor!What's that?You were *serious*???!!!
 Oh man...you need some serious help,and a history lesson to boot.Buy
yourself a GOOD book on The Who and learn what REALLY happened.

                                Long Live Rock,

                                      I.S.

 BEER...It's not just for breakfast anymore!