in defense of Jimmy Page

Hmm, I was just taliking about Led Zep before I read this message about
Jimmy and the KInks-

first of all, I think it is pretty well established in rock history that
Page did play on those Kinks records, and as for Jeff Beck, he was't to
happy when Page replaced him in the Yardbirds (Beck was fired for
missing shows) The fact that the release of Led Zep I totally blew the
Jeff Beck Group off the face of the earth didn't help either.

The fact is, Jimmy Page and Led Zep have been slandered for years,
notably in the incredibly trashy Hammer of the Gods. The fact that Jimmy
is a shy person who doesn't give many interviews leaves him open to any
bullshit people say about him.

Finally, his ability wasn't "destroyed by drugs" Yes, he was a heroin
addict in the late 70's/ early 80's, like so many other musicians, but
he kicked it. And anyone who went to a Page/ Plant show knows that he
is  as brilliant as ever.
I love Led Zep and The Who, so all I can say is how often has Pete been
quoted on something and then changed his mind? In fact, Page and Plant
were both guests at the Prince's Trust concert.