Re: TicketMonster Corruption

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, jacqueline wrote:

> Well another 4 hours spent waiting at an outlet for seats in row Q of all
> things.  I stood with wallet in hand and heart in throat as the nice
> TicketMonster Lady hit <enter> and <reset> repeatedly in an effort to get
> into the system at exactly the moment tickets were released for
> sale.....and row Q pops out.  Now, I don't know about you, but with all the
> single seats that must have been available for sale today at 30 seconds
> past 10:00, I would think that one would do a bit better than row Q.
> Unless, of course, I am missing something.  TicketMonster is corrupt, you
> say?  No, REALLY?
> At least I am going, though, and while I may not be able to see anything
> (as I believe there is a 10 row orchestra section in front of section 102)
> , I will at least be at the show.  I just think it's a real shame to put
> out such effort when really what I   need to do is shell out hundreds of
> dollars in order to get what I consider to be a good seat.  I'm spoiled and
> fussy, I'm sure that doesn't help.

You are absolutely correct. I HATE  Ticketmonger. The only time I felt I
did OK was when I went to the Marcus Amphitheater in Milwaukee to get
tix. I was 42nd in line thanks to the lottery (bastards). I got mine
after about 12 mins and I was still 2nd section back. At least there will
be a lot of fellow listers there. I guess the only way to get a decent
ticket is to go to a broker. Wish I could afford it (sigh).

'The' Chico