Re: Benefit Show for Ronnie Lane - PT & KJ

Sue!

That was a nice bit you wrote about Ronnie Lane --- I for one would like to
thank you for it!

This is small repayment, but there may be a really terrific interview with
RONNIE LANE that you may not have, as of yet, come across, and if not, you
won't want to miss it...

It was after he was, sadly, well into the clutches of the horrible illness
that eventually killed him. It is in some respects, naturally, a sad
interview, but under the circumstances, I felt that it showed remarkable
intelligence and sensitivity and respect (as opposed to pity) for Ronnie, and
as a far less successful but nonethe less determined (albeit broken-down)
writer, I had to hand it to the guy who did the interview, it's intelligent,
insightfdul and good....

Here's where you can find it....

It was by a guy named (My spelling may be slightly off) KURT LOUDER who wrote
for Rolling Stone, etc. He came out with a hard bound book called "BAT CHAIN
PULLER" and the odd title nothwithstanding, it is a collection of a number of
his interviews, many of which are quite good! You can find the RONNIE LANE
interview in the first 1/3 of the book...

I'm sure you could get your hands on it by special order at a library, and
better yet, one of the big American chaim, either CROWN BOOKS or BARNES &
NOBLE (and to neither of which am I in any way affiliated), had the hard
bound book on sale for a few bucks not so long ago, any it may still be
available for something like $3.99. It's worth it if just for the RONNIE LANE
piece.

Thanks again for some good writing of your own, as well as some timely
empathy and appropriate remembrance of a pretty decent guy who earned the
respect of PETE TOWNSHEND which earns him my respect straight off....

Regards..

JB----2TheWHO!