Re: Leo the excellent/Punk meets Godfather/Stay Tuned

JB2TheWho@aol.com writes (quoting John Lydon)
>(John smiles/speak without hesitation) "That's absolutely true. Pete
>and I
>are very good friends, and more than that, I really respect Pete
>TOWNSHEND
>and always have. We was decades ahead of his time....He's one of the
>closest
>artistic friends that I have.."

I've always heard that most of the really important punk-rock bands
respected The Who above all the other 60's acts.  The problem was with
the rock critics who jumped on the punk bandwagon and started bashing The
Who for not sounding like The Sex Pistols.  The Who had the gracious
attitude to support punk and stay the hell out of its way.  No wonder
Lydon has respect.

			-Brian in Atlanta