Re: FD/IH, FD recall, What If, & real fans

>I second that. I don't know any Who fans who needed it (young or old),
>except those who have stated so here.

If I'm pissed, the music itself is a kind of "therapy", especially LAL and
IOW. I can think to myself, after listening to the albums, "man, they just
trashed the hell out of a stage, and mangled their instruments." Now that's
taking out aggression!

I guess it takes place of me smashing the same 800$ drumkit I've had for 2
years now, and I think I'm gonna have for a _little_ while more.

>The concept of a "real" Who fan varies

_MY_ concept of the _real_ Who fan is one who loves the music, plain and
simple.

As the old saying goes, it's quality, not quantity. I love the Who, and I
don't even own all thier albums, nor have I heard a single bootleg, much less
own one. The music still amazes me, and I think as I get more albums it will
continue to amaze me.

>There are some I've met who think it means
>listening ONLY to The Who (and solo).

If that's your idea of being a real fan, it's a... shall we say...
constricting view of it.

If you have to limit yourself to listening to one band to achieve a status
that only you yourself can decide on when you've reached it, you're really
missing out. It's sad that some people think that and miss out on all the
wonderful music that is out there.

Mike