Benefit Show for Ronnie Lane - PT & KJ

This just in from http://metaverse.com/vibe/sleaze/sleaze.06-05-97.html:

     "A great way to remember the passing of a friend is to celebrate the
spirit of his
life. And that is just what RONNIE LANE's British pals are planning to do as
they are
reportedly already starting to put together a huge benefit memorial concert
for the former SMALL FACES star after missing out on his funeral.

      The 51-year-old bass player, who suffered from multiple sclerosis for
21 years of his life, was buried yesterday just hours after he failed to
recover from a recent bout of pneumonia. He insisted his family make no fuss
of his passing and just wanted a quiet ceremony - but his last wishes will
not be honored by his rocker pals PETE TOWNSHEND and KENNEY JONES, who aim to
mark his death with a celebration of his life later this year.

     Jones says, "When Ronnie's wife rang me yesterday evening to tell me he
had died, she explained that the funeral was already being planned and he was
going to be buried straight away. You can't really have any control over
that. But I've already been on the phone to Pete Townshend and we've decided
to do something very special - we don't quite know what or when at this point
but it will come together."

     And Jones feel sure that his plans for a FACES live reunion with ROD
STEWART and RON WOOD will now be rushed forward. He adds, "I think Ronnie's
death makes a get together gig even stronger for obvious reasons. I think
we're all still very keen to raise money for multiple sclerosis charities in
Ronnie's memory and this would be a great way to raise cash."

Sue