Re: John's WHO Shrine

In a message dated 97-05-31 13:13:47 EDT, KLPasquale@compuserve.com (KATH=
LEEN
L. PASQUALE) writes:

<< Subj:	Re: John's WHO Shrine
 Date:	97-05-31 13:13:47 EDT
 From:	KLPasquale@compuserve.com (KATHLEEN L. PASQUALE)
 Sender:	owner-thewho@igtc.COM
 =

 <<Who Obsession>>
 =

 I truly thank god for finding this list because it exquisitely displays =
the
 complete obsession that you all have with this band.  This is the only
 place I feel normal. I have been devoted to this band for 21 years now a=
nd
 I can say that my love has never wavered.  When I was in my teens and ev=
ery
 inch of my bedroom was plastered with posters, pictures and whatever I
 could get my hands on Who-related my dad always told me that I would
 outgrow it.
 =

 Well the only thing I have outgrown is the way I display my obsession.  =
The
 posters and pictures are now protected by glass instead of taped to the
 walls.  I call it my study --- My husband calls it THE SHRINE!!!.
 =

 I remember when the TKAA came to the local movie house.  My best friend
 (the only other Who fan for miles) and I spent the week going to every
 showing.  Got to the point were we could recite the interview lines with=

 the guys.  And it never fails even to this day when I see the Shepperton=

 Studio footage -- I cry!   I still have the silver cross I found at a fl=
ea
 market that looks like the one Roger wore thru out 69 & early 70's.  I w=
ore
 that thing for years as a teenager and even when I stopped I couldn't be=
ar
 to part with it.  It is still in my jewelry box.
 =

 I never knew people who were obsessed as I was until I found this list. =

 It's a good feeling.
 =

 As for Jacqueline:
 =

 >> Especially the photo of Pete handing me back my "Horses Neck"
 >> book signed "I love you, too Jacqueline" with a big kiss!  Lucky me.
 =

 I am extremely jealous!!!  My copy of Horses Neck is always with me.  I
 read it continously.  My life would be complete if I could get Pete to s=
ign
 it.  I think I am going to hate you for a little while.
 =

 Thanks for listening to my ramble
 =

 Kathleen

I can't speak for anyone else, buy I suggest a heavrty "BRAVO!" to Kathle=
en
ffor her decades-long WHO sensibility, something which could only indicat=
e a
person with superior artistic and social values.

For what it's worth, I have felt the same way you have for about as long.=
 And
I can relate to the "feeling isolated" part, living as I do in L.A., a ci=
ty
which has to be the ultimate cultural wasteland ("teenage" or otherwise!)=
!
(Keith's having lived out here for a while near the end of his life,
notwithstanding!!)!

Finally, on a humorous note, your description in the second paragraph of =
your
inspired posting, about your "pictures", etc., immediately reminded me of=
 the
scene, early in the movie of "QUAD", when Jimmy adds a picture to his
collection on the wall, and then leans back, feeling pretty much the way =
you
described feeling as, in a rare moment of musical background, one heards =
few relevant lines of "Hopeless Dancer" swell up in the background.

For one to another, keep it going as well as you have for another 21 year=
s!

Regards

JB
AKA "WHO\Face-Ace"