First Impressions

Even though I'm forced, for a few more hours at least, to listen to the
remixes of FD & IH through the store stereo, I can already tell there's
a good bit of difference. FD definitely sounds better, although not as
good as I was hoping it would (I was hoping for a miracle). Ah
well...I'll take what I can get. The guitar and bass have been brought
up, and it all sounds much clearer.
The extra cuts are all good, and I even like the live How Can You Do It
Alone better than the studio one. I Like Nightmares is a new one on me,
and it's a nice little tune... yet I can see why they left it off. The
Who version of Somebody Saved Me is slower and inferior to the PT solo
version...but still pretty good. Nice to have.
IH, again, sounds clearer and the guitar & bass have been brought to the
front...as well as some vocals. CIYW has extra drums...don't know if I
like it yet.
The extra cuts are all from Toronto 12/82 (complete with Pete's confused
segue into Eminence Front), so there's nothing new here. Strangely
enough, they switch the order of the songs so that Dangerous (the 3rd
cut from the show) is third live cut here. Rog's greeting sounds odd
after Pete's comments.
The songs sound great, with the bass fairly bouncy (I never got that
from the videotape). Pete's backing vocals are brought way up to the
front. Roger sounds a bit ragged, but he did during this tour (and the
next). Again, nice to have but nothing to jump up and down about.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend