Re: Lifehouse & a Who Cult

>Unfortunately, all my books are packed so I can't confirm this, but I swear I
>read once that WGFA, The Relay, Let's See Action, and Pure and Easy were a
>four song cycle that were the nucleus of Lifehouse.

>Pete seems to compose half the songs for his conceptual pieces by writing
>the songs first, then shoehorning them into the work later.

John & Brian:

I'm certainly willing to entertain the possibility. After all, the thing to
remember when attempting to understand Townshend is that one cannot, really.
And just because I am so in sync with QUAD, that doesn't mean any of his
other work would be as clear and obvious.
And it's entirely true about writing the songs first; Townshend had written
a good bit of TOMMY with no idea that the songs would connect in any way
other than (perhaps) to share an album. The first version of I'm A Sensation
was She's A Sensation, for instance.

>I believe you're addressing it.  At least we don't have to lose body
>parts or give up sex or anything.  Just our hearing.

Yeah...it's always seemed to me that the ONLY reason to join a cult would be
lots and lots of sex..."Give me your wives and daughters." Koresh had the
right idea, sort of. Too bad he was some sort of gun freak. He didn't know
when he had it made.
So...if there was a Who cult, would we have to call Townshend "Pe?" And what
about Ro, Jo, and Ke? Then what would we do about Kenny, who would be either
another Ke or (using his last name) Jo? IS THIS THE REAL REASON TOWNSHEND
WANTED HIM IN THE BAND? Because he fit so well in the cult?
We may have stumbled on something here...

                             ...or maybe not.

                   Cheers                   ML

"The true profession of man is to find his way to himself"
                                                     Hermann Hesse