Re: Whoheads & Lifehouse

> I've read for years that, next to Dead Fans, Who Fans were the most fanatical in their
> allegiance.

Leo:

I don't think it's that, so much. More likely, it's that we know The Who
were the greatest Rock band to ever walk the face of the Earth, and fans
of other bands resent us because they know it's true...
That's my theory, anyway.

> All the songs on WN except My Wife are part of the Lifehouse project.

Rich:

I'm not so sure about that. I cannot see how WGFA fits in at all...the
only revolution in Lifehouse is one of the mind, rather than a political
takeover. As described in WGFA, the revolutionaries end up as the
establishment ("The parting on the left/Is now parting on the right" &
"Meet the new boss/Same as the old boss"). Then, too, they rid
themselves of their political enemies by killing them ("And the shotgun
sings its song").
This doesn't follow the Lifehouse story at all. In fact, it rather
contridicts it. The "heroes" of Lifehouse escape fascism by leaving
their bodies and ascending to the next spiritual level.
Shades of Heaven's Gate! Good thing they stuck to Star Trek and weren't
Who fans! And yet, here's another prediction Townshend made (like
grid-life being remarkably similar to virtual reality) in this story
which has come (somewhat) true 20+ years later. Wonder if there's a Who
cult out there, somewhere...
Other non-WN songs that were reportedly in Lifehouse: Water, I Don't
Even Know Myself, Baby Don't You Do It, Pure And Easy, Put The Money
Down, Too Much Of Anything, The Relay, Join Together, Let's See Action,
& Mary.
Lifehouse was going to be a double album (it has been said), and while
this comes close to enough songs...it doesn't quite make it. So there
may be others, as yet unreleased. Then again, the demo for Baba was 13
minutes long. And if Meher Baba M3-M5 (from PSYCHO) were part of it, as
well as an M1 & M2 (presumably)...

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend