Milwaukee, VH1, Random Thoughts

   Greetings From the Boonies,
      Quick Review of this tour and Milwaukee in particular:
              Same show, second year... Quad gets better ever show it would
seem, same encores, Simon and Zack are great, etc.
              About the only unique thing about the Milwaukee show was
Pete's belly button (ask Yellow...) but then again, they aren't the
twentyish boys they were when they did "Live at Leeds", so i can't complain.
It's the Who, not the Grateful Dead, right? Still, forgive me if i seem
slightly disappointed at the lack of spontineity (ok i spelled that
incorrectly, but i'm tired and don't have a spellcheck on my e-mail, sorry).
              Ticket sales must be worse than they appear: At the Milwaukee
show i had an extra ticket (my younger brother was supposed to come, and
bailed on me because of WORK!!! Ugh, i have failed to teach the lad the
Truth. i'm sorry i can't bear to discuss it here).Looked for a buyer, but
like Yellow who also had an extra ticket, found only scalpers. i ended up
giving it away, shortly before showtime, to a nice looking guy who called a
friend, who lived in Milwaukee, from a pay phone. i was happy the ticket was
used, maybe the guy will become a fan after that show, but forty bucks is
forty bucks. Sigh. Worse than all that, the Milwaukee show had mediocre
attendence. Most of the main seating area was full, but the bleachers were
only partly filled and the grass behind the bleachers was empty. All in all
i'd say the theatre was at maybe 60% full.
            i enjoyed the show (of course) because QUAD reigns o'er me, best
album anybody anytime anyway anyhow anywhere... and a pal of mine who likes
the Who (but not as much as me) told me he was blown away by 5:15, Drowned
and Who Are You. He was glad he came along and was going to buy Quad on CD
after seeing the show.
            The pre-show get together at Broadway Bar and Grill was amusing.
If you were there, you know. Say, whoever was snapping pictures: can you
scan and post those for us? Let me know, i'd love to see the pictures. i
remember that WhoGirl and Yellow were there, and i'm sorry but i can't
recall the other names... anyway it was cool to see all y'all.
            The Isle of Wight movie: sigh. i would compare it to my
disappointment about the Prince's Trust HBO thing last year. Young Man Blues
is on 30 Years video, but Naked Eye was SO COOL! and instead of more great
clips like that, we get John Sebastian, Joan Baez, and Tiny Tim for cryin'
out loud. i mean, The Doors and Hendrix were great, and Joni Mitchell was
enjoyable, but Tiny Tim? John "Hi I was at Woodstock and am now on
infomercials" Sebastian? There's history and there's details, and man that
was details.
           The Legends thing: Surprizingly good, considering the length of
the show and the material it had to cover. i agree with the other postings
about the narrator. The southern accent was out of place in discussing a
British band. Could you imagine Eric Idle narrating a documantary on Lynard
Skynard? (snicker, that'd be funnier than the Rutles film!)
          Well, i'll let you all be now. Thanks for indulging my need to
chat about Who stuff.     peace&anarchy, jeffree

"From all this you'd imagine / that there must be something learned..."
- ---- PT,  'Slit Skirts'