Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #188

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 22:06:00 -0500, amck@eden.com (Alan McKendree)
wrote:

>At 16:53 7/28/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>>Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 07:23:48 -0400
>>From: briancady@juno.com (Brian S Cady)
>>
>>"The Girl From Impanema" won
>>best song the same year as "Help!," "Yesterday," "Satisfaction," "Like =
>>Roling Stone" and, of course, "My Generation" were released, nobody =
took
>>the Grammys seriously.
>
>HAHAHAHA...I didn't know that!  I do know that it's only been in the =
last
>couple of years that they finally seem to acknowledge _any_ groups I =
like
>even exist, or conversely have any groups on that I give a monkey's =
about.
>I always just figured it was an excuse for an evening out for people of =
my
>parent's generation (and I'm 40!!) and groups of all ages (The =
Carpenters,
>Barry Manilow, Peaches & Herb, etc. ad infinitum) who cater to them.

Among Jethro Tull fans (of which I am one) there is great enjoyment
of the fact that when they created a new category for Hard
Rock/Heavy Metal, Tull beat out Metallica in the first year.
Apparently some people thought Metallica had a lock on it. I would
be the last to call Tull heavy metal, but I guess some of their
stuff is hard rock.

- --=20
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"A damsel with a dulcimer in a vision once I saw." -- Coleridge

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/