Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #188

At 16:53 7/28/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 07:23:48 -0400
>From: briancady@juno.com (Brian S Cady)
>
>"The Girl From Impanema" won
>best song the same year as "Help!," "Yesterday," "Satisfaction," "Like A
>Roling Stone" and, of course, "My Generation" were released, nobody took
>the Grammys seriously.

HAHAHAHA...I didn't know that!  I do know that it's only been in the last
couple of years that they finally seem to acknowledge _any_ groups I like
even exist, or conversely have any groups on that I give a monkey's about.
I always just figured it was an excuse for an evening out for people of my
parent's generation (and I'm 40!!) and groups of all ages (The Carpenters,
Barry Manilow, Peaches & Herb, etc. ad infinitum) who cater to them.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend