Re: Naked Eye lyrics, per kenneth's request

IIIllIIlll@aol.com wrote:

> they're:
>
> you hold the gun
> and i hold the wound
> and we stand looking in each other's eyes
> both think we know what's right
> both know we know what's wrong
> we tell ourselves so many, many lies . . .
>
> i think knowing the real lyrics can only add to your love for this song . . .
>
> and yes, they're on the studio version.
> i'm not sure in what form the song first appeared (b-side?, etc. [read: TOO
> LAZY TO LOOK IT UP]) . . . any answers?
The song first appeared as a live jam on stage in during 1969-70.  If
you listen to the live "My Generation" on LIVE AT LEEDS, you can the
closing section of "Naked Eye" as part of the jam.  so pull out LEEDS
right now and take a listen.  See if you can spot it.

Rick - floating somewhere over Albany, N.Y.

"A little nonsense now and then | E-Mail: Baba-Oriley@worldnet.att.net
 is relished by the wisest men."|-------------------------------------
        - Willy Wonka -         | "it's only a teenage wastland" -PT-