QUAROPHENIA AND KEITH

>Does
>anyone have an
>opinion as to how much Keith's embalance at the time had to do with them
not
>continuing the performance of the opera?
>In that I have now just recently completed my reading of 'Full Moon' and
am >left
>wondering just how much of an effect Keith's loonesy left The Who inept
>perform such
>a great body of work at the time it was conceived and initially brought
to the
>stage?
>
>Beau (I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous) McCrury

When I saw them in Atlanta in 1973 Keith seemed perfectly okay.
Occassionally his headphones might slip a little and he'd have to
straighten them, but he drummed magnificently.  Two points:

1) The problems with Quadrophenia live started at the very beginning of
the tour and related more to problems with the tapes than anything else
(although, once again, there was no problem with them when I saw them).

2) Despite what everyone says, The Who didn't drop Quadrophenia
throughtout their 1973 and early 1974 tours.  They dropped a few songs
such as "Quadrophenia," and "Cut My Hair" almost from the beginning, then
dropped "The Rock."  But otherwise, the rest of "Quad" remained intact
for the rest of the tour.

			-Brian in Atlanta