Re: California `99

> I couldn't find the album
> listed in the "Guilty By Association" section of Hanel's 1982 discography,
> but there IS a pertinent listing in the "Covers" section:  "UNDERTURE"
> (California '99), US LP, RCA ABCX 728.

Rich:

My thanks to you for this info. I must say that I'm intrigued at this
point. I was told it was a concept album, so I have to wonder why
Underture is on it! And what the other songs are, if they are also
covers. Do we have another ALL THIS AND WW II here?
I find myself once again wishing I had Hanel's book. At last check, it
was out of print...if anyone runs across a used copy or has an extra
(boy, am I dreaming!), please keep me in mind. I'll pay, I'll pay!

> I have one of those.

Martin:

If it is actually a concept album, or Rock Opera, I'd be grateful (and I
imagine others would too) if you'd give us some info on it...like who
the songwriters were (independent from the performers or the players
individually, and did Pete write any of the songs) and what the story or
concept is. And who the other performers are, especially those who
played with Pete (if he's on there). Oh, yeah, and what the poster looks
like. Whenever you have the time, of course.
And my thanks to you as well.

And a message to Greg Biggs: any chance you can scare up a copy of this
one? I've got first dibs.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend