Tap into The Who

> No,it's a fact, Phil. But did you know Spinal Tap was not a real band?

Ah, but they WERE a real band. The members wrote and performed their own
material. They even played live at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert.
They were real, but they weren't "real good"...or so bad they were
good...
Were they created just for the movie? Yeah. We're they England's loudest
band? No. That was certainly a "tip o' the hat" to The Who...and there
were others, like in the song Rock And Roll Creation (which included a
WGFA-type synth piece and Townshend-like concept). But I'd say they
leaned heavier on Zep (their manager, the guitar solo segment, etc.) and
Status Quo.
A great movie, reunion TV special, Simpsons appearance, and two great
CDs. Long live Tap..."and so say all of us."

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend