arse tap

>Yes, the Who are very loud.  I'd be very careful about using this as
>some sort of quality benchmark though. If you go round quoting this
>statistic, sooner or later somebody is going to say "So what? so are
>W.A.S.P.".  Watch the beginning of Spinal Tap where "Marti di Bergi"
>(or whatever) talks about Spinal Tap as being "Britain's loudest rock
>group".  This is NOT a compliment.

No,it's a fact, Phil. But did you know Spinal Tap was not a real band?

>By the way, the record was broken at Charlton Athletic FC 1976.  If
>you were within 50 feet of the front of the stage, you suffered
>"permanent shift of hearing" i.e. bleeding eardrums.

WHO broke the record Phil?

I (niki) received this message from Art in Scotland-

"Yep, they were THE loudest, it was at Charlton FC 1974. It was listed
in the Guinness Book of Records, but not any more, i think because
more bands would try to outdo them (what a laugh!!)
Even so, when they played the IOW they actually moved the audience back
don't quote me) because of the volume.
Art in Scotland"

Thank you Art.