Slit Skirts

Alan (and others),

 I really enjoyed your analysis of Slit Skirts. It's great when we start
talking about the meaning of our favorite songs. I personally never thought
about any posible connection to the Cincinnati incident so thanks for opening
up a new perspective.

 My own interpretations about this song are more literal. Basically dealing
with an emotionless form of love/relationships. The frustration of getting
older and not feeling fullfilled with anything (I honestly don't think that
34 is old but it does indicate the fact that aging is occurring). The song
does parrallel with one of the short stories in Horses Neck, which I should
reread. The story is about the lack of fullfilment in the main characters
life. He eventually falls in love with a younger woman who is pretty much a
symbol of his own lost youth, passion, and dreams. There is more to the story
but it's been a while since I've read it. I'll probably post again with a
critical reading in a couple of days (if it's worth posting).

 I'm glad this song came up on the list. Along with "I'm An Animal" I think
it's some of the best lyrics that Pete ever wrote. Yes, I know that is a bold
statement but I'm standing by it :)

Vac