Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #133

Like many other among us, clearly, I too was fairly blown away by John's most
eloquent description of his "WHO ROOM".

IMHO, it describes remarkly well what being a WHO fan is all about. I still
fell that way, and I would only add that in reading the various responses to
John's excellent posting, I was equally knocked out by one the the responses
it evoked, from......from Leo, which seemed to me the perfect compliment (as
in match) to John's.

I have cited just a short pasage from Leo's remarkable reply below, and would
only add the following simple image Leo's reply triggered in my head....

The image is of one of the photographs included on that booklet that was
included in all the original "QUAD" Lp - "vinyl" records, specifically, the
one of THE WHO coming out of a theatre, probably from a rehersal as there is
no one else in site, EXCEPT FOR, the QUAD character of "Jimmy", who is
visible only at the far bottom corner of the double page photo. In the
picture, he clearly has just seen his idols (mine too) coming out of the
theatre unexpectly, and he was hastily dismounted his GS Scooter to humbly
look on in awe, and get this, on ONE BENDED KNEE.

Just like Lof I can't think of any other -- not just band -- any other
artist(s) that could and have evoked that very same reaction in so many of
us, myslef very much included...

Good going to BOTH JOHN and LEO (and JIMMY)

"But I'm...ONE!
Yeah, I'm ONE!"
              P.T.

Regards,