Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #165

On Fri, 4 Jul 1997 13:01:42 +0000, "Citywatch Ltd"
<email@citywatch.prestel.co.uk> wrote:

>occasions has made it clear that he thought Hendrix was the better
>guitarist.
>
>This in English characteristic, called self deprecation.  Even if PT=20
>thought he was a better guitarist than Hendrix, he'd never _say_ it.

Then perhaps you can explain away the fact that after seeing Hendrix
for the first time Pete called up Eric Clapton and said "We're
screwed." (Or words to that effect, I don't have a tape of the
conversation.)

Or the famous altercation at Monterey when Pete refused to follow
Hendrix.

Pete is a better songwriter than Hendrix was, no question. But
Hendrix was the kind of guitarist that was on a different level from
anyone.=20

Even Les Paul himself said so.

- --=20
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies."
                                                        Voltaire

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/