Eno on the Who

I was just scanning through an old copy of Trouser Press, June/July 1977
(which I had originally saved for the Peter Gabriel article) and came across
an article on Brian Eno (the subtitle of the article is: "Too Smart for Rock
and Roll, too weird for anything else"), which had the following: the context
appears to be mid to late 1960s:

 "When I went to art school I got very snobbish about rock music because I was
still suffering under this distinction--which I think is a false one--between
the fine arts and the low arts, and so for a couple of years I wasn't really
listening to rock music at all, or I was listening to it grudingly.  I liked
the Who very much at that time; I was a big fan of theirs and used to follow
them around.  But that was partly because they had the sanction of the art
department--two of them studied under the same teacher I studied under, so it
was alright to like them."