Re:Who In London

>Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 Alan McKendree wrote:
>Subject: Re: Who in London

   Re:
>> There was *nothing* to indicate that it was ever the Marquee.All I went by
>>was the number,90.I walked down Wardour Street,counting off the numbers on
>>the buildings until I came to number 90.And there was no sign,no
>>window,nothing.As I said,I *may* have been at the wrong building,but as I
>>was taking a picture,someone who was walking past made a comment about it
>>being the old Marquee club.That's all I have to go by,really.
>
>Hm, well we seem to be at a standstill.  I wish you and I could convene
>there to sort this out.  Failing that, any London readers have anything to
>add to solve this mystery?  Ian had the correct number and corroboration
>from a random passerby.  OTOH I have this picture showing the plaque with
>band names on it, and was with some friends at the time and we all thought
>we were in the right place.  What if the plaque were put up _near_ the old
>Marquee location?  Ooo, there's a nasty possibility.

 Yesterday I e-mailed a friend who lives in London,and asked her if she
could solve our debate,and tell me whether the 90 Wardour St. Marquee
location is now a bakery or an apartment (or office).She replied that she
*thought* it was a restaurant now!Anyway,she went on to say that if they get
a day soon that doesn't rain,she'll take a walk down there and take a
look.Until then,your guess is as good as mine!

                      Long Live Rock,

                            I.S.

 BEER...It's not just for breakfast anymore!