Re: Independence Day and the screwing of history

In a message dated 97-07-08 00:19:35 EDT, KLPasquale@compuserve.com (KATHLEEN
L. PASQUALE) writes:

<<
 >I've read it's your Independance Day. Did you saw some martians ?? ;-()

Actually, as a point of historical fact, it is NOT our Independence Day at
all (we think it is). Actually, Independence became a face on JULY 02, not
JULY 04. Some newspaper got the dates screwed up and the rest, as they say,
is HISTORY: (John Adams even wrote his wife about how he anticipated that
several hundred years from "then", Americans would be celebrating the
"SECOND" of July! Aux Armees Les Citroyens!

Regards,

JB2TheWHO!