Re: as everybody is talking about lyrics...

Lucas Bleicher" writes:
I didn't find the lyrics of "I'm A Man" there... Does
>anybody
>have it? I am thinking about compiling one of those ALL-IN-ONE files,
>with all the lyrics on a .TXT

Here are the lyrics as Roger sings them on the "My Generation" LP.  The
lines in brackets were edited out of the version on "Two's Missing."

I'M A MAN
(Ellis McDaniel a/k/a Bo Diddley)

When I was a little boy
At the age of five,
I had something in my pocket
keeping a lotta folks alive.

But I’m a man, now.
I’m age twenty-one.
I’m gonna tell all you women
Y’know we’re gonna have a lotta fun.

I’m a man, now.
I spell it M-A-N.
[All you pretty women
stand up in a big, long line.
When I get you in bed, darling]
gonna make love all the time.

‘Cause I’m a man, now.

I tell ya baby,
you don’t do me no wrong.
‘Cause I’ll teach ya, babe
to be a puppy-dog.

Tell all you women
don’t do me no wrong, now
‘cause you know I’m a man.

On a related note, I saw Bo perform about 10 years ago at a small club
with his daughter on drums!  It was a great show.  Then, about 3 years
ago I ran into Bo  on an airport terminal train here in Atlanta.  He was
dressed up in his stage gear with a case between his legs with that
familiar square-body guitar shape.

Do go see him if you get a chance.  Without him, there would never have
been a Magic Bus!

			-Brian in Atlanta