Re: Yet Another "Tommy" Vinyl Question

On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, DayTriper1@aol.com wrote:

>I forgot that the first disc contains sides One and Four and the second disc
>contains sides Two and Three. Why did they do this??? Also, are all copies
>like this??? Thanks in advance.....
>
>Disillusioned, but still a 'Oo freak,
>Mike

On turntables, you can stack records one after the other.  Once the first record
is played, the second one drops automatically.  Some double albums (like Tommy)
put sides 1 & 4 together on disk one and 2 & 3 on disk two so you could play
sides 1 & 2 one after the other.  Once they wer played, you could turn the disks
over and play 3 & 4 in succession.

* Mike Lewis                                        *
* San Diego, CA                                     *
* e-mail:  mlewis@connectnet.com                    *