Re: Who In London

>Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 Alan McKendree wrote:
>Subject: Re: Who in London

   Re:
>>.You can visit the site of the original
>>Marquee on Wardour Street,(which is now an apartment building).
>
>90 Wardour...it has a bakery on the ground floor and a big metal plate
>under the window listing the names of many bands WHO played there...and The
>Who leads the list (upper left corner).

 Are you absolutely certain about that,Alan?When I visited the site of the
original Marquee,I didn't see anything that resembled a bakery,nor was there
any window or plate underneath.It simply had an archway with three smaller
doors,an intercom system,and a security camera.Of course,I could have been
looking at the wrong building,but when I snapped a picture,someone who was
walking by me smiled and said "The old Marquee Club,eh?" I took that as an
indication that I was at the right spot!I was there 18 months
ago,though.Perhaps the building has been modified since then?

                   Long Live Rock,

                          I.S.

 BEER...It's not just for breakfast anymore!