Re: it's (NOT ALWAYS) so very very very very hard...........

In a message dated 97-07-03 01:55:20 EDT, mwietho@kirkwood.cc.ia.us (Mike
Wiethorn) writes:

<<
 Also, what is Cache Cache all about?  No bears in there?  Scratchin' mice?
  Is it about a suicide attempt?

Hi, Mike -

"CACHE, CACHE" was (per PETE), recorded between drinking bouts with Sex
Pistol Main Man John Lydon (WHO had the brilliance to recognize PETE's very
similar, albeit more intense genius, way back in the SEX PISTOL DAYS, and
still refers to PETE often)..Anyway, to answer your question, I'll just quote
PETE:

"I had written this about a very screwed up time in Europe, a time that from
my point of view, still seems strange.THE WHO to long on the road, me totally
schizophrenic and everyone simply reacting by saying I was schizophrenic. The
song is a jibe at them, the band, the managers, the hangers-on, asking them
if they know what it's like. It's a bitter piece but powerful. Roger saw
IMMEDIATELY what it was about when I tried to get him to do it on FACE
DANCES, and made me sing it myself.. By the time I came to do THE WHO
version, I had forgiven everybody, or realized that they hadn't really been
guilty of anything in the first place. When I first sang it on THE DEMO, I
MEANT IT!"

Regards,

JB2The----WHO!