Re: Still more "Athena"!

Yes, Athena was indeed the Greek goddess of wisdom, war, and the arts.
  She was pretty darn cool, too.

I've also known a couple of mortal girls named Athena.  One was the
daughter of a student teacher I had once.  I met little Athena on
Take Your Daughter to Work Day.  While she was being introduced
around my English teacher said, "Hey Athena, you know there's a
pretty rockin' song by the Who called 'Athena'."  And guess who just
happened to have a copy of "It's Hard" in her backpack that day?  Me!
 So we all listened to "Athena" on the class boom box until the
student teacher next door come to borrow it (the boom box) for the
seance her class was having.  Darn.

Oh, and the bombs dropped on Japan during World War II were not
hydrogen bombs, they were atom bombs.  The one dropped on Hiroshima
was named Little Boy, and the one dropped on Nagasaki was named Fat
Man.  I don't know if the United States government (or any other
government for that matter) has a bomb named Athena or not.  If they
do, she's a bomb that's never been used in combat.  Maybe one of the
test bombs?  I doubt they bother to give names to all the weapons
that just lie around in storage.

As a final note, I'd like to say that if "Athena" was inspired by any
real woman, she'd probably be quite irritated at Pete about the
mystery word..."I'm a WHAT?  I am not a whore!  Or a boy or a HOG!  I
can't BELIEVE you would write that about me!  What did I ever see in
you?  We're through Peter, we are THROUGH!"

- -Yellow "Waiting for a telephone bell" Ledbetter