Re: Freedom & Link Wray

> Thanks a lot for your posting.

Duquesne:

Anything to lubricate the wheels of communication.

> It give me enlightment to another way of thinking

There I go again; enlightening people. And I swore I'd give it up for
Lent.

> You make me understand, and i'll take care.

No need, really. We're all Who fans here. You're in good, and hopefully
enlightened, company. I was just trying to give you a glimpse into our
cultural mindset.

> I mean everything that you have to believe or trust without understand.
> 'We don't get fooled again' is a great sentence which has a huge =
> meaning in the old continent where I live.

This is also true here, and in fact it's become "We won't believe in
anything or anybody anymore, because we've been fooled too many times."
If Pete wrote the song today, it would have different lyrics, I think.

> Living without the certainty that everything is good or bad is maybe a
> little difficult. But it makes you open your eyes and your ears.

Adversity, as bad as it can be while living it, is the best teacher. In
which case I must have my PHD by now!

> And BTW, your posting show me that your eyes and ears are open.

I'm working toward it, let's put it that way.

> About Link Wray, read Guitar World of June 97 there is a review about =
> a 4 CDs reissue of Link.

I'll keep my eyes open for that set; thanks. Any influence of Pete
Townshend is worth checking out...I'm also looking for some Mose Alison.

- ---

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend