Re: Freedom

> I don't know from where come most of the people here. But I'm amazed
> how it it is forbidden to say what you think about a band.

Yves-Pierre:

It's not forbidden, but instead that many people in the US (and other
places, I'm sure) are extremely loyal to things they choose to associate
themselves with...be it a band, or a sports team, or a
religion...whatever. It HAS to be the best, and they are among the
minority who are able to recognize this simple fact.
I'm a Rock music fan first, and a Who fan as a result of this. I find
them to be the best of the bunch...because they are the epitome of what
I look for in Rock music. But that's what *I* look for, which naturally
would be different for others.

> I live in a country where freedom of thinking and talking is a sacred
> principle.

This is the theory here too, but not always the practice.

> In my opinion, a discussion is not possible if everybody thinks
> the same things.
> So, welcome to all opinions.

I second that. Otherwise, what's the point?

> Do you know Link Wray ?

Know of but don't know his music. I have heard that he was a big
influence on Pete. The radio here is dismal, and despite having a CD
store, it's used CDs so I'm dependent on what comes in. And the less
popular the artist, the less likely to come in. I have recently started
carrying a limited amount of new CDs...and if I run across any Wray in
the catalogs, I'll explore his music.

> In an article about PT in Guitar World (or Player, don't remember) PT
> said that when Jimi was in England, he bought the same amps as the Who
> because he was impressed by their sound.

No question about this, since The Who were involved in the development
of Marshall amps. Which, unfortunately, tend to be associated with
Hendrix now.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend