Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #161

Sgmsun@aol.com wrote:

> << BEER...It's not just for breakfast anymore!
>        >>
> pls, what does this line come from and mean?

It's a takeoff on an advertising slogan that had to do with orange
juice, or something like that (I've forgotten).  Another good one is
"I've fallen ... and I can't reach my beer," which is a similar take-off
on an ad for emergency beepers, or something like that.  It makes me
eternally grateful that the makers of highly alcoholic, cheap wines
never decided to be brutally honest and hawk one of the most prominent
examples by saying "Out of my brain on the (Night) Train."

Roger A. Baylor
Beer writer, pub owner & Who lurker