Re: Kenney Jones

>>Why did Kenny Jones leave the Who?

Ah, well, see, he didn't actually LEAVE the Who, the Who broke up.
Perhaps a better phrased question would be, "How come Kenney Jones
hasn't worked with the Who since the formal breakup in 1982?" Actually,
even that's not so good, since I think there was some sort of Who
"thing" in '85 that Kenney was a part of, although I'm not at all clear
on the details of that. Let's try again. "Why wasn't Kenney Jones the
drummer during the 1989 reunion tour or the 1996 Quad tour or anything
like that?" I buh-leeve I can at least attempt to answer THAT. First
off, Roger was never too fond of Kenney. The only person really keen on
having Mr. Jones in the Who was Pete (fruitcake that he is). And
apparently not long before the whole reunion tour thing started up, Pete
and Kenney had a falling out. So Mr. Jones was simply not invited to
participate in any of the later Who-type events, and I seriously doubt
that anyone missed him much. Not to say he was an absolutally sucky
drummer or anything, I jneveronw{gconsidered him an integral part of the
Who. I know when *I* saw our boys in Chicago this past tour *I* sure
wasn't sitting there thinking "Gee, this is good, but it would be
PERFECT if only Kenney was here."

          -Yellow "I once had a nightmare about Kenney Jones" Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com