Music stands and Pete.

> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 07:19:08 -0500
> From: salamander@MADNET.COM
> Subject: Re: Pete reading music
>
> >>Then what was he turning the pages to on the music stand during Quad ?
>
> Uh...I dunno..."Playboy"? When *I* saw Quad, I don't think he had a
> music stand at all, much less one with anything on it.

  Playboy...

  Arrghh.

  Sorry, must have been the side stage tickets that helped *ME* get
  the perfect view of the stand.

> And if I wanted
> to go haul out my various Who books, I could quote a number of passages
> where Pete says quite clearly that he cannot read music (nor could any
> other member of the Who, except for John).

You do that.

Still, *I* think *I* have reason to state that because *I* saw the man
turn the pages. Maybe it was chord changes. *I* don't know.
He did it during "Quadrophenia" and "The Rock", most notably;
Those are two instrumental numbers, in case you need to go check your
books.

By the way, *I* stood and danced for most of that show...