Re: Baba O'Riley sound-alike

I was at a party a while back, one of those parties where everyone
brings along a couple of CDs and someone volunteers to DJ and so if
everything works out then everyone gets to hear some music they like.
Anyway, I was drinking some punch and talking to a couple of people I
knew, when suddenly I hear what sounds like the opening of "Baba
O'Riley". It obviously wasn't the version off of "Who's Next" or
anything, but the notes were (as far as I could tell) exactly the same.
Now, I knew *I* had not brought any CDs with ANY version of "Baba
O'Riley" on 'em, and I also knew that no one else had brought any Who
CDs at all. So I turned to my friend Julian and said, "What the heck is
this? Someone's covering 'Baba O'Riley'?" and he said, "Huh? This is
Aerosmith, (and then he said the name of the song and I THINK it was
something like 'Angel', but I'm not exactly sure)." After the intro the
song ceased to sound anything like a Who song at all, and it was indeed
an Aerosmith song. So, to get to the point of this entire message, has
anyone else heard this song? Does anyone else think the beginning is a
complete "Baba O'Riley" rip-off or was I just hallucinating? (Perhaps
there was a strange substance in my punch.)

                                -Yellow "On the milk train" Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com