Esquire, or any other article...

Everyone:

Do you love the Who's music and love seeing them in concert ?

Of course. So, don't even waste your time with negative articles
about them. Why bother ? You're not going to stop liking them
and any author that doesn't think that they are worth your time
never liked them anyway.

How many times have you read or heard a bad report on a movie
and you ended up liking it ?

Critics are just me and you with a contract to write for a
magazine. Everyone has opinions.

This guy wrote that they are way past their prime. Could have
fooled me. I Walked out thinking that Pete sounded great and
Roger didn't sound any worse than he did in 1982. I thought
leaving my 6th Quad concert that  they should put some new
material out, even if they don't tour to back it up.

The only complaint I will ever have with the Who is that they
wasted all the years from 1983-till now ( and thats still
depending on if they ever do anything new ) but at the same
time, I still have Pete's solo and all the re-masters.

Name another group that could tour with an album that was
23 years old and still sell out the Garden 6 times straight ?
(FLoyd ? Maybe...Stones ? Hmmmm..Zep ? Maybe...) But look at
the company the Who are in.

The Beatles are given alot of credit for changing music.
The Who were the original punks with attitudes. Take a look
at the alternative world out there. What influence is more
apparent today ?

IMHO, The Who would have been a major band had Keith lived.
I mean - major into the 80's. And we wouldn't have Face
Dances or It's Hard. No last "sour note" albums.
(11 kids dying of course can NOT be overlooked as a group killer)

Yes, yes, yes, that's debatable..That's why it's my opinion.
And I think that the fact that he died helped kill alot of
the momentum the band would have had left. Perhaps he and
Pete may have cleaned up their lives together, Who knows.

But I Think that the Who lost alot of respect because they
didn't do squat in 15 years. People ask "Why do you go and
support them? They are so old..."

Because I know I will be blown away. Quadrophenia may be
23 years old, but the energy put into it was today. And
it is a kick ass album.

And the Who are kick ass. Even playing accoustic, doing 1
windmill a night, and no more smashing, they are still
a hair raising experience.

Long Live The WHo - Indeed....