Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #14

>From: "J. Thomas Ranken" <access@halcyon.com>
>Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:17:56 -0800
>
>What do people think of the Giulano book, "Behind Blue Eyes"?

Well in answer to that, let me repeast my post from a week (almost) ago:

***************
I've decided to serve as a clearinghouse for error reports for the Giuliano
book _Behind Blue Eyes_.  If you locate a simple actual factual error
please report it to me.  I'll compile them and post when it looks like the
list might be near complete (or on request) and you can then print them out
and insert the hardcopy in your book.  Or light a fire with it, or
whatever.  Hell, if anyone cares they can mail the list to Mr. Giuliano for
corrections to the second edition (if ever).

OK.  Please send in those reports with

* error, quoted from the book
* the correct information (what the book should have said)
* page number
* edition number & paper-or-hardback note (just in case)

It would help if you'd put "Giuliano" ... or heck, just "error" (easier to
spell) ... in the subject line, but I'll get it even if you don't.

******
And just to make this interesting (I hope), the person submitting the most
errors (and I mean good stuff, not typos or other nits) will receive a
paperback copy of _Horse's Neck_.
******

***************

There a few groundrules which were in my original post; e-mail if you need them.

Now, to the question at hand:
>The book refers to Townsend's hand injury incident in the Tacoma Dome
>during the 1989 tour.  My recollection is that the Who didn't play the
>Tacoma Dome in 1989.  Rather the closest to Seattle that they got was
>Vanacouver, BC.  Am I right??

No.  They played the Tacoma Dome on August 16, where Pete did indeed spear
his hand.  Vancouver was August 18 & 19.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend