Townshend works with Rudd

     At various times during Oct. 1978 through may 1980 Pete Towhshend, Phil
Collins and Renaissance vocalist Annie Haslem came together to work on a
project by a virtually unknown 23 year old composer from N.Y. named Raphael
Rudd.  More than 16 yearslater the resulant album, named THE AWAKENING is
released.
    The story of the awakening is rooted in the fortuitious union-a spirual
affinity-to Townshend and Rudd.  ..........
     Both Rudd and Townshend were follwers of Merher Baba......
     " I had produced a low-budget fold album for [brown] and pete heard it
and liked the aarrangements.  So in 1978 I got a phon call from him inviting
me of London."
    The experience exceeded Rudd's wildest expecations.  "Pete gave me the
red-carpet treatment.. He told me I could record whatever music I wanted and
to use whatever musicians were necessary.......
         There is one duet with Townshend on the album's title track.......
       Rudd continued the work with Townshed by doing the orchestrating for
the soundtrack to Quad and the horns section on Rough Boys.
       Will send more imformation after listening to the record.
   Jeff