DST on PPV

        DST from PPV is neat!  (Too bad that the Family Channel tore it to
shreds.  Of course, Alice Cooper isn't exactly family viewing.  I guffawed
loudly when I realized that he was going to sing "I'm a Boy".)
        I was impressed with Roger for hitting those high notes in "Imagine
a Man".  "The Sea Refuses No River" turned out well, too; Roger added some
nice stuff.  I'm also glad he got a new haircut, because his old one did
nothing to hide the bald spot on the back of his head....
        He sure can talk, too, when there's time to fill.  (An "eclectic
collection" of songs!)
        The lead singer of the Spin Doctors must have been having his dreams
come true, singing a duet with Roger and then sharing a mike with Pete.
        I'm awfully glad that Linda Perry got out of that look she had: an
earth-tone circus clown!  She has a quick sense of humour, too.  (Just
before "I'm Free".)
        "Now and Then" BLUES?!  It's a good thing that Pete writs powerful
words, or the song would have lost a *lot*!
        Michael Kamen is great.  I want to play for this guy one day.  He
seemed thrilled at the mass of talent he had at his command.  And he let the
cellists/bassists twirl their instruments during WAY.  That was cute, as it
was sweet having the orchestra play "Happy Birthday" for Roger.
        John has a very expressive face.  Goes with his playing.  I like it.
(He seemed amused with Simon Phillips at one point.)  You can see Rabbit
looking back and grinning, probably remembering the old days.  The
Chieftains were really impressed with him; they stared at him when his solo
was done in BBE, just before "When my fist clenches...".
        Pete looked like he had just got out of bed, with the mussed hair,
wrinkled suit, and butt-scratching.  He can still play/sing, though.  Next
time he offers a song to Bette Mid(d)ler, I bet she's gonna take it!  And I
was just waiting for the age jokes.  Pete, being younger, just couldn't have
let Roger's 50th birthday slip by without a few wisecracks.  And the ones he
made were goodies.
        If only I'd fallen in love with the Who a year earlier. <sigh>

JenniferD
A Guitar          __   ____
"Staring at myself, I turn to question me..."
				-Dave Matthews, 'Proudest Monkey'