Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #51

> Which reminds me.  If Roger grew up in Shepherd's Bush just as Pete and
> John did, why does he have a strong accent and they don't?

I think the main reason is that Roger went to a comprehensive (i.e.
no entrance exam) school, left at the ealiest possible opporunity,
and became a sheet metal worker.  Also, Shepherd's Bush couls be used
to describe any number of areas.  I live in Holland Park, one stop
along from Shepherd's Bush on the Central line (Tube).  Holland Park
is the area in which the TV programme "Absolutely Fabulous"
(programme about two women working in "PR darling", who were around
in the 1960s, and as a consequence drink and smoke
cigarettes/cannabis a lot) is set, and is an extremely affluent
 area (tho' I am not, I hasten to add).
It's more likely that the Pete and John lived in Acton, but said
shepherds bush to sound 'hip'.  Keith made a point of putting on a
"posh" accent, especially when pissed (i.e. most of the time), but
you can hear him slipping back into it sometimes.
Citywatch Ltd
Tel: +44 171 403 7706
Fax: +44 171 403 7022
Web: www.citywatch.co.uk