Re: Roger's accent

>Just out of interest, as an Englishman, who hasn't seen this
>programme, what sort of 'thick' accent was he using?

Roger's normal accent sounds to my U.S. ears like Cockney (excuse me if
that seems inaccurate.  Henry Higgins I'm not).  Roger has referred to
it as a "working class" accent.

On "Sliders," Roger spoke softly in a low register which usually can hide
most  strong accents.  He didn't seem to do anything obvious to
Americanize it like flattening his a's.

Which reminds me.  If Roger grew up in Shepherd's Bush just as Pete and
John did, why does he have a strong accent and they don't?

				-Brian in Atlanta