Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #47

How tall (Ok, short) is Roger anyway?  He always appears to be of a decent
height in movies as he did in Sliders...but what's his actual height?  He was
wearing combat boots so he didn't gain any height by cheating with heels or
such.  We know he's the shortest...but someone tell me how short.  I'm only
5'2" so nearly everybody is taller than me!  And yes, his carrying around the
folder Military Security was quite funny.  I think he's a darned good actor
and wish he'd get some bigger roles besides guest appearances as infrequently
as they are.

Sandra

<< Subject: Roger on "Sliders"

 Did everyone watch it? Wasn't that GREAT? I usually have a hard time
 judging Roger's acting ability because whenever I see him making a guest
 appearance in a TV show or movie, I think, "Look! There's Roger!
 Pretending to be someone else!" But maybe because he had such a big part
 in "Sliders" last night, I managed to suspend my disbelief long enough
 to realize that he's actually a pretty good actor. Although I was still
 distracted by thoughts such as, "How did they make him look so TALL? And
 he looks like he has so much more HAIR than he did last time I saw
 him anywhere...how did they do that?" My mum said several times that
 she's certain she's seen Roger playing a similar role in something
 before, but she can't remember what. Now, my mum was the same one who
 thought Jim Morrison was the singer for the Who, so I'd be very
 surprised if she was right about this, but I thought I'd ask if anyone
 knows anything about this anyway.