THE WHO

To: Andrew "Youngest of Them All" Thompson

I first heard of THE WHO when I was 9 or 10. My mom and me and some of my
brothers and sisters, were at a Thrift shop in New York,and my Mom looking
though a pile of worn records said, " Look at this silly fellow sitting  in
a bathtub of beans", So for 10 cents  I was bought my first copy of THE WHO
SELLOUT. ( I've got 7 LP copies now .Both mono and stereo
( Different mixes and a couple of different guitar solos)).(3 different CD
versions)Sorry, I digressed..
However from the first MONDAY...... TUESDAY........ WEDNESDAY.....etc. I
had found me calling.

The next WHO album I got/heard was " tommy the who" ,Which  I thought was
the name of the band , " tommy the who" . Don't laugh in those days that
was not an  uncommon bit of mistake
because for all practical purposes THE WHO were hardly a chart success or
any thing more than a cult phenomena. However from the the first Blast of
John's French Horn in  "The Overture"  .Man, it hit me I like THE WHO. "The
Overture" is still my favorite WHO song

But when I heard THE WHO , LIVE AT LEEDS ( commonoly thought of at the time
as ,THE WHO they live in the City of Leeds U.K. ) ( Me included ,I wasn't
that smart) in my local library,  I was blown away .This was when I was 10
or 11  in the year 1971 , I did'nt have a record player at the time because
it had broke. So to hear music I had to go to the library and listen to it
through the headphones, in the main library  room. Which  however was much
higher fidelitey than the crappy 20 dollar record player we had, HADat home
before it broke.

The rest of course defined my life in more ways than I would have guessed.
Who I met .
Who met me  etc.

My best friend Who I've known since I was 7 has (right now) an entire old
record playing juke box filled with singles by THE WHO that we've collected
over the years.  (All sorts of wacky solo singles too, like Keith Moon
singing "Don't Worry Baby" (A "Beach Boys "Song ,.his favorite group) an
Octave lower than what's on his solo album "Two Sides of the MOON" }
.We listen to the juke box in his garage all the time as we try to fix our
cars.

P.S. I didn't even hear a song off of  "Who's Next " untill late 1975 .
After I had gotten " Odd's n Sods", "Quadrpophenia" and "Meaty Beaty Big
and Bouncy" (which has different takes of popular WHO early single
classics) This was four years after  the release  of what is their   most
famous album ever (by most guestiments)
Go figure. I was 15 and didn't have any money to by records ,or food,.

P.P.S.
When I go to the Baskin Robins Ice Cream Store I always get the same
flavor.I dont even think about/ or care about the other 30 flavors they've
got because I know what I like  and I like THE WHO.

P. P.P. S
I think like them too because they've got an "odd assortment of stuff"

P.P.P.P.S
Roger is on a TV show called "Sliders" this  Friday Feb 21 on the Fox
network Channel 11 at 8:00 PM in L.A, California. I think he is the special
guest star for he is featured heavily in the promo's

P.P.P.P.P.S
Capitalize the name of Deity"s

P.P.P.P.P.P.S
Thank God for the young WHO Fans  and yes I'm done now.

Success