LASER DISK OF ISLE OF WIGHT

Hello everyone, my name is Beau and this is my first
posting to the list.  I've been monitoring the list for
about six months now and enjoy it very much.  Being that I'm
new to this whole internet thing I didn't want to jump in
like I knew what I was doing.  Anyway, being that I am new
please feel free to send suggestions/ criticisms my way.

I thought this was a particularly good time to start
contributing to this list since the posting last week or
so criticizing you guys on your posts.  Well I'll stand up
for ya!  Given some posts are better than others but it
sure is grand to know that there are people out there that
are a little whoie too.

Now to the good stuff.  I recently rented a laser disk
copy of 'The Who Live At The Isle of Wight Festival 1970'.
Vital signs are 1996 Pulsar Productions Inc., Warner Music
Vision, AMLY-8086 if anyone is so inclined.  It runs for
about 85 minutes of good quality video and sound.  The
first side has various singles performed, Heaven And Hell,
Water, Young Man Blues etc.  and side two has most of
Tommy.  Being that I understand our boys didn't start there
set until 2 am and not finish until around 4:30 this disk
is obviously incomplete.  I can't be sure of the order of
the song list but is seems to me that the way the disk is
arranged the fist and last part of the concert is on side
one thus leaving side two for the Tommy songs.  Overall I
thought it was excellent!  One little thing is that it
has some kind of asian subtitling, either Chinese or
perhabs Japanese, not in every place, just when they have
dialog between songs and for there introduction at the
beginning.

The most charming/ silly part of the whole disk was at the
very end.  Here is Keith in the area of the concert that
looks like where the RV's and buses of the people who were
working the concert.  He's got a rubber clown mask with a
big nose that goes down over his cheeks, exposing his lips
and jaw and on his head a rubber axe with blood looking
like it's part way into his skull.  His cheeks are drawn in
and lips puckered out like a fish face and of course a
brandy in one hand.  And during all of this a recording of
Rog singing 'Tommy can you hear me...'  God I miss Keith,
what a sweety.  A weird sweety but those are the best kind.

I don't know what availability is like of this footage on
tape but do look for it.  It's worth it!

By for now.  You guys are great!

Beau.