Re: Playing Who Songs Live!

Hello All You Wholligans!

I've been observing the list for a few months now and now I speak.
 HumanJones@aol.com wrote:  <Still looking to trade experiences with other
musicians spunky enough to attempt playing Who songs in public.>

Well I must tell you I've been a Who Fanatic since the age of 12 when I began
to play the guitar.  Well nowadays I play the Bass in a local Cincinnati,
Ohio band, " The Skeezyx".
50% of our sets are Who covers.  My favorite is playing "Amazing
Journey/Sparks".  Our friends love it.  For the last 6 years we have played
the same Halloween costume party and it is now tradition to play "A Quick
One"  as the last song of the evening.  As you can Imagine it is quite a
fitting scene as all souls "are forgiven" to end the evening.  This last year
we pulled out all the stops, for the guitar player, the Host, and I were
going to see the Who in Dayton just the next week.  We did rockin versions of
"Naked Eye", "The Real Me" "I'm One", and "Bell Boy".  We pride ourselves in
playing "Obcsure Rock", well, that is covers that you usually don't see other
bands doing. I love playing The Who and I believe we do a decent job of
recreating the energy of their sound.  If you're ever in Cincy maybe you can
catch a show, or make plans to spend the weekend before Halloween in town to
catch our traditional Halloween show.

Regards,
JJ