Re: questions

>1. are the digitally remastered CDs of The Who Sings My Generation and
>The Who By Numbers available yet and if so, what (if any) extra tracks
>appear on each?

The My Generation LP has yet to be remastered.  Although The Who own the
rights to the songs, the album's producer Shel Talmy owns the original
tapes and is making a big stink about allowing The Who to remaster it
(there's a lot of bad blood between them).  Talks, however, go forward.
The Who By Numbers remaster was released last November with 3 additional
tracks from their 1976 Swansea concert.

>2. Smash Your Head Against the Wall by John Entwistle is almost as
>good as any Who album (imho) but Dave Marsh in Before I Get Old says the

>next one (Whistle Rhymes) suffers from certain heavy rock tendencies. Is

>this a fair assumption?
>rogerfromoz

No, it's not.  Dave's a big Who fan but sometimes he doesn't listen
carefully.  "Smash You Head" is much more heavy metal than "Whistle
Rhymes."  WR does rock pretty hard though and features some of the most
perverse lyrics John's ever written.  And in addition to John's always
wonderful bass playing, you get excellent lead guitar work from Jimmy
McColloch and Peter Frampton before he came alive.  Remastered versions
of SMYATW, WR and "Rigor Mortis Sets In" have recently been released in
Germany.

			-Brian in Atlanta